Quebec’s Minister of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion announced that the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program will reopen from May 29 2017 to February 23 2018. The maximum number of applications that can be received during this period is 1,900, including a maximum of 1,330 which can be received from Chinese passport holders (including passport holders from Hong Kong and Macao).
Some key points to consider for the next opening:
- All applications must be submitted to Quebec Immigration in Montreal. The office in Hong Kong is closed as of April 1 2017.
- The Government processing fee will continue to be $15,111 until December 31 2017. Any applications received in 2018 may be subject to an increase in this fee.
- Any applicants who demonstrate an intermediate ability in French, can submit their application at any time until March 31, 2018 and will receive priority processing.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Have, alone or with his accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $1,600,000 CAN obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filled.
- Have experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies.
- We define management experience as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority; the experience does not include experience acquired in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma.
- Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest $800,000 CAN with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
The assessment of your application will also take into account other factors such as your age, the nature and duration of your professional training and your language skills.
At Carte Blanche Consultancy, our team will assist you with complete process to obtain permanent residency of Canada for you and your dependents. This includes initial eligibility assessment, organizing required documents, submission of application with Quebec Authorities & Federal Authorities, interview preparation, follow-up with respective authorities at every stage of application process, keep you posted with any updated from respective authorities.