Raising a family in Canada has a number of benefits. Canada boasts of some of the top educational institutions across the world that will guarantee your children a bright future. The Canadian government also offers a number of social programs that citizens can benefit from. This country also offers a number of work opportunities. These are some of the reasons why a number of people choose to immigrate to Canada each year.
Canadian citizens with family abroad can sponsor their applications to become permanent residents. This brings them one step closer to citizenship and allows families to live together. Under this program, a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada can sponsor applications for their spouse, conjugal partner, common-law partner, dependent children, parents, grandparents, siblings and certain other relatives. Adopted children are also covered by this program.
- Capital: Ottawa
- Location: Northern Section of North America
- Total Area: 9,984,670 km2
- Population: 35,151,728 (2017)
- Time difference: GMT -4, -5, -6, -7
- Languages: English, French;
- Calling Code: +1
- Religions: 3.2% Non-religious, 67.2% Christianity, 23.9% Islam, 1.5% Hinduism, 4.1% Other.
- Government Type: a federation, parliamentary democracy, and a constitutional monarchy;
- Industries: Energy, Agriculture, Manufacturing and Automotive
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD);
- Exchange rate: 0.77 CAD = 1 USD (2018)