Location: Western Europe; Capital: London; Time difference: GMT 0; Total Area: 243,610 km2; Population:62,698,362; Age Demographics: 0-14: 17.3%, 15-64: 66.2%, 65+: 16.5%; Population growth: 0.557%; Languages: English; Religions: Christian: 71.6%, Muslim: 2.7%, Hindu: 1.0%, other: 1.6%, Unspecified: 23.1%; Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy and Commonwealth realm; Currency: British Pound (GBP); Exchange rate: 0.6388 GBP = 1 USD (2010); GDP (per capita): $34,800 USD; GDP (purchasing power parity): $2.173 trillion USD.
The UK Immigrant Investor Program was created by the UK Government in 1994 to attract high net worth individuals and their families to immigrate by making a substantial investment in the UK.
The Tier 1 Investor program is designed to allow investors to enter the UK on an initial 2 year visa. If applicants have met the criteria, they can extend their stay by another 3 years, giving themselves a total of 5 years of legal residency.
Investors are then eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), which is the equivalent to Permanent Residence and then Citizenship.
- Required minimum investment of £2,000,000.
- You’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
- You must also:
be 18 or over to apply for this visa
be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner
be able to verify the source of funds
have opened a UK bank account
NOTE: Under the GBP 2,000,000 investment option the stay for settlement (ILR) is 5 years.
- Upon issuance of visa, GBP 2,000,000 must be invested in either of the following:
- UK government bonds
- Share capital
- loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
THE REMAINING CRITERIA ARE
- Being able to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents without taking employment (other than self employment or business)
- You may set up a business, but can not be an employee
- You must make the UK your main home. You do not need to spend all your time in the UK but you should spend at least 75% (9 out of 12 months)
FAST TRACK OPTION FOR ILR
|Full Investment||GBP 5 Million|
|Stay for settlement (ILR)||3 Years|
|Full Investment||GBP 10 Million|
|Stay for settlement (ILR)||2 Years|
- A diverse and multi-cultural society, containing virtually every cultural and ethnic community
- A high standard of education with a broad network of state and private schools, and more than 150 universities and higher education institutions
- One of the best free medical care services in the world
- As a member of the European Union, the UK has easy access to the whole of Europe. At its heart, London is unrivaled as a financial business center
- An attractive tax regime for high net worth individuals classed as â€œUK resident, non-domicile
- The travel mobility and security of a UK passport
PROCEDURES AND TIMELINES
The investment options available to clients in order to qualify as an Investor in the UK, are the following:
PROCEDURES AND TIMELINES
The below summarized process is based on the requirements that need to be followed for a visa application of a foreign investor in the UK. The procedure can be broken down into nine basic steps that the main applicant will have to go through. Some of them require his/her involvement, while others are performed by Carte Blanche or the UK financial institution on the grounds of the power of attorney/s given by the main applicant. All of the steps are dependent on the successful completion of the previous step. Procedure times are estimated by combining current timelines of local government institutions as well as the actual process our clients have experienced
VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
|MONTH 1-2||STEP 1||Application for Tier 1 Visa is prepared and
lodged with UK Border Agency in applicant’s
country of residence.
|STEP 2||Applicant and family will be required
to submit to biometrics at the UK Border Agency,
where visa was lodged.
|MONTH 1-2||STEP 1||Once application is approved,
applicant and family present original passports
for visa label to be stamped.
|STEP 2||Upon landing in the UK applicant
must present himself at the bank to
complete investment procedure.
Please note that this information is accurate as of April 2016 and any changes that may occur after this date, which may affect an applicant’s processing, will not be the legal responsibility of Carte Blanche, as governments can experience large volumes of applications, local authorities can modify forms/documents needed amongst other factors. Please also note that processing times will vary depending on the Visa Office around the world. Carte Blanche can provide a specific timeline for an individual on where the application will be filed. For latest up-to-date process time line please refer to our website.
A resident can apply for UK citizenship one year after being granted ILR, subject to satisfying the strict residency requirements below:
Once the citizenship is granted, there is no restriction on the time spent outside the UK. UK does allow dual citizenship.
For an up to date information on UK government charges and Carte Blanche professional fees, kindly contact one of our offices.