A lawful permanent resident is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of permanently living and working in the United Kingdom. If you want to become a lawful permanent resident based on the fact that you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States or is a lawful permanent resident, your relative in the UK will need to sponsor you and prove he/she has enough income or assets to support you, the intending immigrant(s) when in the UK.


There are two family categories when it comes to Immigration:
  • Partners of spouses
  • Children
  • Elderly dependant relatives
Partners of spouses:

Spouses, civil partners and unmarried/same sex partners are defined as partner/spouse under the UK Immigration Law. If the partner/spouse visa is successful the UK Border Agency will issue a two year visa which at the end of the visa, the partner visa holder could apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

In order to obtain a partner/spouse visa it is mandatory to meet the following requirements:
  • Applicants would need to prove that they are 21 years old or above
  • Either legally married or in a civil partnership that recognized in the UK
  • Partner/spouse is either British citizen or present and settled in the UK
  • Intend to live together permanently in the UK
  • Can financially support without claiming any public funds from the British authorities
  • There is an accommodation to live in the UK
For unmarried partner/same sex partners apart from the above it is also mandatory to meet the following requirements;
  • Any previous marriage, civil partnership or similar relationship, has permanently broken down
  • They have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for two years or more
Elderly dependant relatives:

Elderly dependent relatives (parents, step parents, grandparents etc) of a British citizen or a person settled (who has permanent residence in the UK) in the UK could enter the UK as their dependants but the elderly dependent relatives would need to prove the following:

  • Elderly dependent is financially wholly dependent from the British citizen or a person settled in the UK
  • They will be fully maintained and accommodated by the sponsor without claiming public funds from the UK authorities where the sponsor owns or occupies solely the accommodation
  • Elderly dependent relatives do not have other close relative in the country of residence/origin which could financially support them
  • Elderly dependent who is 65 years old or over

It is also possible to bring an elderly dependent who is under 65 years old in exceptional compassionate circumstances. Please contact us for consultation.



A sponsor must be a U.K citizen or a Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) holder in the United Kingdom and be able to show the proof of that status;A sponsoring family member has to also show proof that he of she is able to financially support a relative.



Each application before being accepted by CBIS is evaluated by experienced UK Immigration Lawyers. Our professional fee is decided on case to case basis. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success.

Our Service includes the following upon retaining a client:
  • Providing Application kit
  • Complete Assistance during the Application Process
  • Assisting the client in completing the forms and Documentation
  • *Petition Filing (if due to any reason the application is refused, CBIS shall file a petition with the Government challenging the officers decision)
  • Updates & Regular Follow up with the Consulate / Embassy

these services are provided at an additional cost.