Antigua has announced changes in effect for files submitted on or after April 1, 2020:
- The minimum real estate investment amount has been reduced to USD $200,000
- The principal applicant’s Government application fee is $30,000 for all investment options
- A real estate investment may be resold only one to another Citizenship by Investment applicant
- Iraq is no longer a restricted country (so Iraqi citizens may apply for Antigua citizenship)
- Applicants from a restricted country must live in anynon-restricted country for 10 years before applying for citizenship (changed from applicants needing to reside in Canada, USA, UK, etc. for 10 years)
Antigua has announced a new investment option in May 2020: The University of the West Indies Fund:
- There must be at least 6 people in the family
- The investment amount is USD $150,000 for the family of 6 (includes Government fees) and USD $15,000 for each additional dependent
- One family member receives free tuition to the University of the West Indies for 1 year
An Antigua passport allows visa-free travel to many countries worldwide, including the U.K, the European Union, Hong Kong, Russia, India, Bolivia, and Kosovo. Antigua is in discussions with the UAE and China to allow visa-free access to those countries as well. Antigua has implemented a simplified passport-renewal process (once passports expire in 5 years).
Iranians are eligible to apply as long as they have permanent residence status in any non-restricted country, have resided outside Iran for at least 10 years, and maintain no economic ties to Iran.